Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Importance of "Good Form"

Coming from a background of weight lifting, I learned the importance of having good form. A person can do 100 pushups, but if they aren't doing them correctly, regardless of the quantity, they aren't really gaining anything. The purpose of having good form while doing the pushup is to strengthen the muscles you are aiming at. The human body is created in such a way that when one muscle begins to struggle, another muscle will be ready to compensate to the need of that muscle. That is why your body will try to not keep the "good form" you are seeking for to strengthen certain muscles. Our life is like those muscles that would rather go the road of least resistance rather than take good form. Have you ever noticed that by taking the "easy way" in life you get through life, but that is about all. An athlete that just goes with the flow can be on the team perhaps, yet in order for him to make a great accomplishments as a player, he must work at it. He must have a goal set in his mind and commit himself to that goal. I learned to play the piano when I was a young boy. The teacher didn't try to teach me to be the fastest player when she began to teach me. Actually, she told me to not even think about being fast, but to think of being accurate. What good would it do me to be the fasted at pushing the keys if they didn't bring out harmony in the music. I learned that once one learned the accuracy while pushing the keys, the speed came automatically afterward. When Michaelangelo made his masterpiece of Moses, he found a pattern and stuck with that pattern until the masterpiece was finished. Think of it. If he changed his pattern from one day to another, how much would he confuse himself? When a family sets a budget for their income, they have to stick with that budget. That is if they want good results.To have the best accomplishment in the goal we are setting, the first thing we must do is be honest with ourself. If its financially, how in debt am I really and what can I really afford? If its getting in shape, where am I honestly health wise. In order conquer something, we must first know where we are, honestly. Once we see where we are honestly weather it be financially, physically, or spiritually we can then set the goal of where we want to be. We then will begin to set form of how we are going to get there. This is all I will be writing today, but I will be posting the next thought of Overcoming Life's Obstacles very soon.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment