Monday, March 26, 2012

Meditate on Him

I read this yesterday morning and thought is was very inspirational. I thought I would share it.



HIS.WONDERS.TO.PERFORM_  CHICAGO.IL  SUNDAY_  58-0112A
  E-29    Oh, friend, I hope the little lady doesn't take this too personally, but it's my daughter-in-law, who's setting present now. This has been the greatest week of her life. Last evening while we were setting together waiting for Billy to bring the car back, in the lobby of the hotel, and on the ballroom floor they were having a rock-and-roll, or some kind of a amusing dance. And little children, little boys no more than twelve years old or less, smoking cigarettes, and little girls. And the little lady looked at me, and she said, "Billy, pray for me." All week over in her room, I've heard her singing songs. I heard her singing last evening before she went to church, my favorite song, "Down From His Glory." She started reading the Bible, and she's pretty near read the Bible through this week. You go to singing hymns; you start reading the Bible; and that Stranger will appear to you too. Meditate on His Word.
It was while those who went to Emmaus, along the road, begin to talk about Him, that He stepped out of the bushes and walked with them through the day. The reason we don't have the spiritual blessings, we have too much time to watch television, too much time to read the newspapers or listen to something that we ought not to be listening to. And we are not redeeming the time, but we're giving it to the things of the world instead of our time to the Lord Jesus. And the Bible said, that, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceedeth from the mouth of God." Christians live on the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment