Monday, April 2, 2012

Let Not Sin Reign in You

In Romans 6:12, it speaks: Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. When I think of reigning, I think of a king that is reigning over his kingdom. That king decides what will be permitted in his kingdom and what is acceptable. He decides the standard that would be set for his kingdom. We have a kingdom within ourselves and we decide who we will be servants to. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? (Romans 6:13) A tree is known by its fruit. When you see apples all over a tree, that's a pretty good indication that its an apple tree. However, if it has lemons all over it, but its professing to be an apple tree, there is something wrong there. Lets take some time to examine ourselves by our fruits. What kind of fruit am I bearing? There must be a standard to gauge ourselves by and that gauge is the Word of God. The world's standard is to go by what you feel or just follow your heart. Friends, that is a deception. Your feelings and your heart will deceive you. Blind people go by feelings. Christians walk by faith. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God. You can look at the world and see the results of not have a true standard. I am so thankful for an anchor! The folks on a ship won't truly no how to appreciate an anchor until a strong storm arises. It is in the time of a need for an anchor that the anchor will be appreciated. My anchor is my faith in the word of God. I heard a person say one time, I would do this, but I gotta keep my faith. Not to be disagreeable, but its not me that keeps my faith, but its my faith that keeps me. Faith comes from God. It is when true need arises and what needs to be attained can not be attained by ourselves when faith is needed. Until then, you don't realize how to appreciate faith. When death comes knocking at your door unexpectedly, you then realize how much you have in life that honesty doesn't amount to anything. The one thing we need during those times is Faith in the Word of God. Faith comes from God through the preaching of the word. There is going to be a rapture one of these days and it will be by faith which worketh my love that it will be attained. The rapture of this body is unattainable by ourselves. However if the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwell in you, it will quicken your mortal body. What is reigning in you? Sin or Faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment