Monday, February 27, 2012

Something To Look Forward To

I had the honor to sit and listen to one of the most genuine brothers I've ever met yesterday. His name was Forest Farmer and if I've never met a man that knew where he was standing, it was him. He had tremendous testimonies of faith of a living Gospel. Not only did he demonstrate the power of faith, but what made it greater was the humility he presented. That's what we need today is men and women that can not only demonstrate the power of the living God, but the love of the living God. As I sat and heard how this precious brother was bringing out the word of God, I began to realize how blessed I was to see what I had to look forward to growing into. I am serving the same God that he is serving and my God isn't a respecter of persons, so if I can approach Him with the same diligence and humility, I believe He will move in my life the same as our brother. That is the importance of setting our sights on a greater position than what we are, so we will become stronger. If we dwell on something the same or less then what we are, then we will stay the same or actually move backward rather than forward. This is why it is so good to dwell on the Word of God. The word says let every man be a liar, but my word be true. It is the absolute. That means it is perfect within itself. If something is perfect in itself, then that means if we add or take away from it, it won't be perfect anymore. That is why I believe the original word of God. We aren't supposed to change the bible to match us, but surrender ourselves to the absolute, and He will change us. Think of it. The purpose of having the absolute is to draw yourself to a better alignment to perfection. If we change the absolute that we are trying to align ourselves to, our absolute is no longer perfect, but is perverted. That goes for every part of our life especially the Word of God. We must look to the pure word of God and cast down every imagination or thought that exalts itself above the Word of God. If someone was watching you and believe me, they are. Are they being drawn to a better life or worse? How are you influencing the people around you? Let your conversation be as it becomes the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

God Bless You,
Bro Daniel

dcb8337@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment